If you are a resident of California or Hawaii, and you’re interested in open domestic adoption using Adopt International as your home study and placing agency below are the steps to bringing your baby home.
1. Begin Your Home Study. Click to view the domestic Home Study process.
2. Make an appointment for a consult to learn more about Adopt International’s Domestic Adoption Program.
3. Apply to our Domestic Adoption Program.
4. Begin search meetings with a Domestic Coordinator.
5. Make Books and Dear Birth Mom Letters.
6. Becoming a ‘Waiting Family’ and use Adopt as a supportive resource.
7. A match is made! Get to know your birth mom.
8. Bring your baby home.
9. Post Placement Supervision meetings with your Adopt International Social Worker.
10. Make a court date to finalize your domestic adoption.